Q about the BA bootcamp

• 谢谢Mia, 获得了很多有价值的信息.下面几个问题,麻烦了.

Q1: 刚刚来美国读data science的grad, 在美东, 只能找17summer intern, 请问能提供帮助吗, 还是明年这时候再听课, 直接找full time job更合适?

Q2: 关于最后H1B的, 能再说一下吗? 比如apply的时候只找提供H1sponsorship的还是都可以,怎么解决?

Q3: 我的专业 data science 对于找BA工作是否有一些优势? 听起来如果BA不需要任何背景那反倒竞争会更大,对吗?

谢谢

Congyang

• Hello Congyang,

Thanks for asking questions. Please see my answers below

Q1: 刚刚来美国读data science的grad, 在美东, 只能找17summer intern, 请问能提供帮助吗, 还是明年这时候再听课, 直接找full time job更合适?

Mia: Yes, You can join the training now. Once you finish the training it may takes a while to get familiar with the tech skills. The earlier, the better so you have time to breath.

Q2: 关于最后H1B的, 能再说一下吗? 比如apply的时候只找提供H1sponsorship的还是都可以,怎么解决?

Mia: Yes, I can help you on this with my personal contacts. Once you find a job, there will be some consultant companies I worked with to sponsor your H1.

Q3: 我的专业 data science 对于找BA工作是否有一些优势? 听起来如果BA不需要任何背景那反倒竞争会更大,对吗?

Mia: Doesn’t matter what major we have, we can always learn something from that and apply to the other field. There are logical connections from one to other, but BA can be completely start from zero background. I have seen that people graduate from psychology major and now working as PM. I also notice that people who have MBA degree and can never find a business titled job. It all depends on how you name yourself. You will be successful with anything you put your mind on it. Competition is there anywhere, anytime, we can only stand out when we do things with passion.

登录后回复

与 BitTiger Community 的连接断开,我们正在尝试重连,请耐心等待